Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Guest designer Arnlaug Koppang

Hi! My name is Arnlaug Koppang and I'm a 31 year old "girl" from a small island at the west coast of Norway. I've been scrapping since 2008 but I would say it's the last 2 years my creativity really hit the surface. And now I'm totally in love with this hobby;-)  I love scrapping because it's a hobby for both memory keeping and creating art. When I scrap my mind relaxes and takes me away from the busy everyday life. 


I love to use social medias and I'm active on my blog, on facebook and also pinterest. Check out my blog here: Arnlaugshobbykosekrok

I'm currently on the designteam for a great sketchblog in NORWAY, Skissedilla. The blog is one of the big ones in Norway and we now get more and more international contributers aswell. I am really proud to be on the team with these great girls! Please pop in to play along sometime:-)

I'm also on the DT of a british online-store called A Sprinkle of Imagination and The Color Room.


I am a scrapper with a lot af variety and can't say I have one particular style. But I have to say I'm having a blast when I'm playing with mixed media:-)

I am so honored to be a guest designer here at Purple Pumpkin. Hope you'll all enjoy my projects:-)


I just love Purple Pumpkin products and have managed to build up a great selection of PP goodies in my stash. I was doing the happy dance when I got my kit with supplies:-)

Ok, here we go. My first page is a mixed media layout. There is A LOT of different mediums on this. The idea for the page came when I saw the flair button with the rainy cloud. It reminds me of how the summers often are here in the west coast of Norway. The photo is taken right after we came home from a lovely vacation in sunny Spain, and it shows how much fun kids can have even without sunny weather. 


To make this page I used what ever I had of scraps of paper, fabric, plastic and tags and glued them down. Then I added all kinds of different mediums before covering it all with glimmer mist. Then I embellished a bit here and there. I like to have a few elements popping off the page and also a few things matching it. 

The flair button is just perfect and you'll find loads of different kinds in the PP shop.


I also used a fabric covered button which I sprayed with some glimmer mist and water to make it blend in to the background. I did the same thing to the crochet flowers. On the bottom right you can see a bit of washi tape. The PP shop has a huge selection of Washi tapes. Love them!


Tucked behind some of the flowers are a wooden button and a few blue tickets.


My next layout is a bit different. When I saw the heart button I instantly knew I had to scrap a photo of my girls who are getting closer and closer each day. I had to add some texture on this layout aswell;-) For the background I used a stencil and some molding paste. I added a touch of red using paint. 


For my embellishment I used this gorgeous fabric button and to match it a beautiful felt heart. I also added a strip of washi tape on the right side. 



For my last project I wanted to make a card. I'm not much of a card maker but I'm trying to do something about it;-)

When I saw this darling Panda bear Jumbo Button I just fell in love. I thought about putting it on a layout but then I  figured it would be perfect for a card trying to cheer someone up. This is a really simple card made by layering many different Washi tapes. I added a stamp and last but not least the Panda bear button. Isn't it just to cute?


Ok, this was a long post I know;-) Hope you're still with me and enjoyed my projects. 

Thanks for having me:-)




5 comments:

Kerry said...

Great LO's, all so different great to see.

Sassy Scrappers said...

gorgeous layouts..xx

susana scraps said...

Love your layouts and card! So fresh!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Thank you Arnlaug!! Stunning projects for PP!!!!! Very inspirational!!!! Great work!!!xx

Ella Swan said...

Fantastic work Arnlaug! Love every single one!!