Thursday, May 30, 2013

Guest designer "Sharmaine Kruijver" !!xx

Our guest designer for May is the super talented lady Sharmaine Kruijver!!!
Enjoy!!xx


About Me:I’m Sharmaine, from Tasmania. I’m married to Darling Dave and we have 4 girls who keep us very busy. I also work as a relief Teacher’s Assistant. My first scrap page was made in 2005 and I just love being able to breathe life into photos and stories. My pages are usually full of life and colour, most are meaningful and some are funny. Life inspires me to create, whether it’s snippets of our day, remembering something said or documenting my thoughts. I’m fortunate to be able to create as a design team member for Cocoa Daisy, Scrapmatts and X-Press It. My bloggy home is http://skruijver.blogspot.com where I often share my work, videos and photos daily. I am grateful for the opportunity to create and share with you all here.

About my layout:
One of my favourite creative processes is to just play. This page was created quickly because I just let loose and played. The background was created with some watered down mist. The papers and stickers are from Basic Grey and everything else is from Purple Pumpkin. Love the combination of textures and layers. I’ve used fabric covered flair, metal flair, pink and blue tickets and the ruler washi tape, all from Purple Pumpkin.







****

About my card:
When I spied the colour of the crocheted doilies I knew I wanted to make a card with an organic colour combination. I used the doilies, blue tickets and some of the ruler washi tape with some paint, cardstock, alpha stickers and a page from an old dictionary to create this card.




****

Thank you very much Sharmaine for all the inspiration!!!
It was a great pleasure to have you with us this month!!!
Happy scrapping everyone!!xx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

A beautiful layout and the splashes of colour look amazing.

Kerry said...

Love your LO and the colour on the LO is great, I might give that a go.