Monday, January 14, 2013

Off to Grade 2 Camp with Thwack by Judith

Happy Monday morning. Start of a brand new week. What have you got planned? I'm currently repainting the outside of my house but hope to find some time to do some scrapping, especially when the weather turns hot again later this week.
Today I have a layout to share with you that I created for a sketch challenge. This is my youngest off on camp clutching the class toy - Thwack, a monkey. She became very attached to this monkey and seemed to bring it home more often then any other child in the class. I took my colours for this layout from the pink and purple straps of DD's bag and the blue stripe of the bus and the dark blue of DD's rain coat.
I used some old Crate Paper pp from the Catlin collection. I got a collection kit years ago and am nearly through to the last couple of papers. I love the sugar pink paper and have used it a lot over the years.



Here's a close up of my cluster which includes some Purple Pumpkin goodness - a denim and pink and white flower, a cheeky monkey button, a pale pink resin flower and a sneeky bit of aqua crocheted doily.


The tiny spottie buttons are always useful to add as a centre to a flower.



Well, enjoy the rest of your week.
Bye for now
Judith xx

No comments: