Thursday, March 8, 2012

The perfect finishing touch...

Hello there! I hope you are all doing well! :)

Today I'd like to share with you all a fun layout that I recently made, documenting my daughter's happiness in receiving her birthday wish - a castle cake! My layout is called "A Castle for a Princess"...


I really enjoyed creating this layout - I wanted to capture the fun and festive party vibe here, so I've included some cute details like balloons, doilies, tiaras, buttons, misting, ribbon, felt, fingerpainting (the frame around the main photo) and doodling!

With so much frivolity going on, I usually like to add just a dash of black and white to "neutralise" it all somewhat. It's hard to explain why, but I find that black and white details, especially with the brighter colours, tend to "ground" the layout a tad... in a good way! Either that or it may even make the colours "pop" even more! I'm not sure! LOL!


All I know is that when I popped this gorgeous Spotty Dotty Fabric Button in black and white from Purple Pumpkin's store on my layout, it look really funky and cool. The perfect finishing touch.

Have you tried Spotty Dotty Buttons yet? They are a total staple for me! I love them to bits! They can be bought now, right here! :)

I'm so looking forward to receiving my PP goodies in the mail soon! I bought some of the lovelies from the February sale and my ears prick up every time I hear the postie whizzing by! I love the excitement of a PP package!

Well that's all from me for today, I hope you all have a lovely day... maybe even a scrappy one! Wouldn't that be nice?

TFL! :)

2 comments:

Karla said...

sweet! adorable image!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks so much, Karla!!! :)