Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year Resolutions...

Hello everyone! I hope you have all had a nice start to the year. I've never been one for new year's resolutions, but this year I have made a resolution of sorts... I want to go to Fiji for a holiday! :) It felt good to document this on a layout, so it really feels like it's going to happen now! This layout is my DT sample for the latest Get Picky challenge...




My layout is called "Destination Fiji 2012". I've printed out a map of Fiji and inked and glimmermisted it to look vintage and funky. :)

I've used lots of Purple Pumpkin embellies on here. Here's some closies of them...


Here's an orange doily that I've cut in half - to use the other half on the other side of the photos, two yellow vinyl hearts that I doodled around, a lovely little rosette that I received in my Girls Lucky Dip, and a piece of pale yellow doily trim that I have used on lots of layouts...


There's the other half of the aforementioned orange doily ;). Plus a twine bow, vinyl tag and a cute wooden butterfly button... SUPER CUTE!!!


Here's some more little rosettes in white and aqua, smaller yellow vinyl tags, another bit of yellow doily trim and look at that awesome satin flower! I love it! I've given it a bit of a trim...


But never fear - I've used it right here! The off-cuts made a lovely accent - reminiscent of the Sydney Opera House, don't you think? :)

I've also done a fair bit of stamping and doodling on this one too.

I really enjoyed creating this and if felt good to get this subject down on paper! Look out Fiji, here I come! ;)

Do you have any new year's resolutions? If so, why not scrap about them? Or we'd love to hear about them! Actually I've just made up another resolution... use MORE Purple Pumpkin stuff! That's easy - so I'm not sure if that counts! LOL!

Well that's all from me for today, be sure to check out this month's sketch and DT examples right here - we'd love for you to play along! I really enjoy seeing everyone's entries and what all you talented scrappers do with PP's awesome embellishments!

Until next time,
happy scrapping!
Cheers,

Chantal

4 comments:

Sarah said...

This is such a cool LO - I love the map and those colours make me want to get right back on aplane and go back to Fiji. Good luck with your dream fr 2012 - I'm sure you will make it come true :O)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thank you Sarah! :D

Mal said...

wow chantal what a fantastic page!!! love all the colours and the embies...looks great!
good luck with the dream for 2012....i'm sure it will come true. My dream was to do fiji in 2012 as well...but now we've changed to Bali and it's all booked!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks so much, Mal! Bali will be great!!! :D