Monday, May 30, 2011

Your "Stash" Neccesities - Hayles

I would have to definitely class myself as a "Stash" builder and there are certain items that I am continually picking up as they are a staple in my collection. Two of them are the spotty buttons and any form of twine, which nearly always feature on my layouts in one form or another.

So today I am sharing a layout I did for the May Sketch Challenge at Anna's Craft Cupboard.

Once again I have used the very versatile red spotty buttons in two sizes. First one has been used on top of some layered Sass Lass stickers and the second one which is the smaller variety has been used on another Sass Lass flower sticker. I know I have said it before, but I really love these buttons and are great to have in your collection as they can be really easily adapted to both a boy and girl layout and the uses for them are endless!



My other neccesity is twine!! I was so excited when Sam told us she was getting twine in, and then I saw the colours!!



The red and white twine was perfect for this page. Firstly I wrapped it a few times around two brads and tied a bow and then in the upper RH side ( sorry don't have any close-ups) I tried something different and wrapped it around the button and stapled it to the top of the page.

There is just so much you can do with twine and there is quite a few colours for you to purchase and it's only $1.75 for 5metres. So don't forget next sale to add it to your order!!

Hayles xx

2 comments:

Anne P said...

JUST LOVELY Hayles. Love the multi photo LO. The twine is PERFECT.

Belinda said...

LOVE your layout Hayles!! That background paper is awesome and I love how you layered the button on top of the flower. Cool look with the twine too!!